Saturday, December 20, 2008

The humor is in the truth.

I'd never heard the phrase until tonight. And that's alright.

Well, I didn't post last night because I had nothing to say, really. Which is sortof interesting, because by writing this, it helps me to realize when I've wasted life. I wasted life for about about 8 hours or so in the last few days, playing Vice City. But when you write your goal in your blog...for the whole world to see...you don't go back on it, gosh darnit!

So I saw some faces I hadn't in a long time tonight. Actually, one of the people that I saw was a girl that I hadn't seen since middle school. The last time I saw this girl, I was completely in a tizzy over her, and tizzy will never be brought up again. In any case, she was my major crush in middle school, and upon speaking to her, my ears got red and hot and I found myself fishing for things to say. Unbelievable. It's been like...8 years, and I still get those feelings. I guess once someone means something to you in your life, it's hard to forget that way of looking at them.

I played poker forrel (for real) tonight, and I lost. I drove all of my friends to the house to play it and lost twice as much as anybody else. Bullocks.

It was wicked snowy out today from the storm last night, and I made a nice little Tokyo drift around the corner of my street when I came home. Actually, it lasted for about five feet and, though I completely caused it to happen, I was taken by a moment of deep fear that I would damage my car or flip it over in the snow or something. But I've never done anything that caused intense damage to me or anyone around me...nothing that I couldn't handle, anyway. I was once driving down a road, too fast for conditions of course, with a girl. As I came around a corner, my car fishtailed and spun out, and I found myself spinning around in a circle of death for a little while. I can hardly explain the feeling...as if something worse than I could even comprehend was coming down on me at any second. It was like everything was suspended, and I waited for the impact. You just can't quite freak out enough in a situation like that. But nothing happened. The car skidded to a stop and I blew a tire. It's as if it wasn't my time, and life decided to help me out by contorting the road to the path of my Subaru Dreidel. Very strange...makes me think I should be doing more with my life to take advantage of that opportunity. Like taking a hold of my dream. But more infor will come on that later.

Notice I said "infor"? Well, it's just as much of a contraction as "info" is. Embrace it like Mitch would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment