Friday, December 26, 2008

I would like to own an exotic cat one day.

I didn't listen to as many Christmas songs as I usually do this year. I didn't really get in the holiday spirit, at least not to a big extent, and I didn't go crazy wrapping gifts. Still though, it was a great Christmas, and I'm glad that I have the family that I do. I am now in one of those moods where I wouldn't mind living in a big apartment complex surrounded by family members. I feel close with them, and I don't really feel like I need to go on some big independent journey to achieve some sort of fulfillment in life. I am okay with where I'm at, and I would be comfortable in a small, cozy house, with my own chair, a big dog, and weekly game nights with family and friends to keep the life going. God help me if I don't get out of this mood fast.

Opportunities are on the table. I've got a show coming up, a pit gig open, an offer at a role in a play and, hopefully, an audition for yet another. Whether it be myself or a stranger reading this, at this time in my life, the reader should know that my passion is acting. I love to perform and my biggest dream is to make it my life's work. I have no idea if that's going to happen, but I do know that I am going to put everything I have into achieving it. The "happen" part is sortof an act of fate, and I'm not a fan of witchcraft or anything, so that's still up in the air. Pretty soon, these feelings of being okay with settling down will fly out of my head, and I'll be bitten by that bug again. 

I get bit by a lot of random little ideas. I have wanted to be a lot of things, including a comedian, a musician/songwriter, a monk, an awesome bassist, an awesome banjo player, a great fisherman, a Seinfeld expert, a "car guy", an anime fan, a "comic book junkie", a director, a "computer hacker", a great hunter, a leather designer, a samurai, a master of throwing knives at trees so that they stick there, a lone traveler, a tea expert, and a ton of other things that have popped into my head along the line. Most of these ideas have come from movies, television shows, and books. However, I don't even know what some of these entail. To be honest with you, I always thought the people in the movies who knew how to "hack the system" were cool, and the gadgets they had were neat, but I don't think that, even if I was bestowed with incredible knowledge of these technical tidbits, I would know how to use them. I don't have a bomb to stop, or secret information to gain. It's an image. That's why dreams like that don't last in my mind. 

Acting, however, is a different story. I have experience in it, and I understand why I want to be involved. I just gave a speech on the whole topic, so you know I'm serious here. Word.

Destiny...here I come!!!

1 comment: