Monday, December 15, 2008

There's going to be a problem here.

The time that is displayed as the time I posted this is incorrect. It's four hours earlier. This may be because I screwed up something or haven't set a time zone on my account or something crazy-go-nuts like that, and I may even be ridiculed for this when I'm famous, but we'll press on.

So yesterday, I was driving with my sister. Went to Walmart, Dunkin' Donuts, and so on. We get to a red light, and an SUV pulls up behind me. Now, when it was something like fifty feet away, I saw the blob that was the driver's face. It was tilted in a certain position, unmoving, and as I looked in my rearview mirror, the car came closer and closer, decelerating constantly. His face never moved, tilted to the left, and I suddenly became aware that he was staring right at me into my mirror. He had a fixed smile that suggested something like eight sacrificed pigs in his trunk. There was no reason for this guy to be so happy, but he had known I was there, watching him, from fifty feet up the road at least, and God knows how much further. It was the most horrifying and hilarious experience of the day. The suspected occupant of the SUV appears below.


So, there's something that I need to define. Many of you may have seen me refer to something called "truck kids" in my last entry. When I say "Truck Kids", I am speaking of the students at the school that I attend (let's call it "Somewhere In The Between Academy") who sit in their truck and appear to have no other function. I (truck) kid you not. There are two of them, and the first time I encountered them, I was confused. Most of the time, when you sit in your truck, you may listen to music, or decide to drive, or have a windowtalk with a passerby. Not so with the TK's. I watched them, for a good minute, be responsive. The TK's sat side by side in the cab, with the windows down, and stared. One of them had sunglasses on, which he may have been staring at, or he may have been staring past them. It's hard to say. I was forced to park next to them a few times and had to get into and out of my car with one of the TK's less than three feet from me. I could have spoken to him, but why? He was busy sitting and staring at the time. I have never pulled into that parking lot without the truck kids in their space, like a welcome mat. It's a homey feeling. Since that entire campus of SITBA is moving in with another, and that campus is turning into a shop class high school, I fear for the TK's. They will be forced out of their natural habitat, and that might lead them to lash out or become segway kids or some shit. I'm just glad I knew things as they were. 

This is the most consistent I've ever been with an online journal or otherwise, since I've already beat once in a row. Let's see if that continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment